Monday, November 23, 2009

I have to start this post with the following:

THANK YOU EMILY WAITE FOR THE FANTASTIC, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, AND WONDERFUL PORTRAITS!







*many more photos were taken but in an effort not to scare you away, only a few were chosen to post



::whew::
now that the thank yous are done...I can start bloggin'.



so, obviously, I am grateful for the pics and one reason why is that it has been about 3 years since I had portraits taken of any of us! That may seem like forever to some and nothing to others but you must FIRST understand that ....I am not proud of this just stating a fact... I had portraits taken of Andrea every two months for two years and at least 3-4 times a year after those crazy first years. Ask anyone who knows me well. Many pictures, and yes, every bit of clothing matches, and many sizes of pictures for anyone who gave a dang.
I don't regret it at all. Andrea's first two years are well documented and so are her cousins'. I do regret all the matching outfits...but, oh well. It seemed like the perfect thing to do at the time and I spent very hard earned money on them. So, no looking back.
Can I get an Amen?!?!?
I am getting so excited for the holidays. I always do.
But, I'm worried...just a little...because every year, I get these MAJOR post holiday blues!
I get so excited to see family, friends, strangers (anyone that has a pulse and who can carry on a conversation) and then when New Year's celebrations are over, I'm depressed. Not too bad lately but for a while...I wouldn't leave the house for a few days cause I felt so empty...
So, my question (or questions) to all of you (maybe 10 people actually look at this blog..) is:::::
ONE- do you ever feel this way?
and
TWO- how do you overcome said feelings?
and
THREE- do you think that it's wrong to be so "open book" on a public blog?!?!?
Love you all! (all 10 of you that actually read the ...uh...not crap...uh...words, yes words! that I write/type here in blog land!)
Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Ken-Ken said...

Cool! wait, Um... Was that my Aunt Emily? Who took your photo's? Because she's a photographer?

Emily said...

First of all, great pictures! I LOVE them! That girl of yours is gorgeous.

YES, I know how you feel about the post holiday blues. They are REAL.
I think the best solution is to just take all your Christmas crap down and go shopping. Yep, that's the best solution I've found.

I love that you are open on your blog. It's great!

Andrea's Mom said...

Kennedy! It's YOUR Aunt Emily! Yes!
and while she took our photos, she was teasing Andrea that SHE was going to see you before Andrea would! Andrea didn't like that...she is a bit jealous and wants you all to herself!
Emily- I am finding out that there is real closure in venting and in this day and age, some of our venting can come out in a blog and it feels good. So, I gonna go with it and use it as my FIRST diary or journal ever, cause I hate writing but don't mind typing so much!!!
xoxoxo

Memzy said...

I JUST now found your blog!! The pictures look great, Andrea is goreous. I can't wait to see your Xmas card! I'll keep your blog on my reader now so I don't miss it.