Sunday, February 28, 2010

updates

Andrea has been showing horses for years (since first grade) and has done very well. We are very proud of her. I'm not writing or posting any of this to brag...I realize I have one child and if you know me, I am divorced from her father and re-married ( to a wonderful gentleman ) and because of said divorce, I have Andrea 60% of her life which allows me to focus on my teaching career and homework while I finish my Master's. **the last sentence is me finding ANY silver lining in the fact that my daughter is away from me 40% of the time. I hate it...Divorce SUCKS. Her father is a good man and takes very good care of her. This is great. We get along well and so if there ever was a "good" divorce, it was ours.
No more on that topic...so, most of you know that Andrea did really well last year. In fact, she placed #1 in California for her age group. #1!!!! She won a saddle with the inscription "2009 California State Champion". Below is the directory on which all age group winners are pictured. LOVE IT!
Andrea is the top, left girl with horse
Andrea is also taking piano lessons. She is doing well. She takes piano from Mrs. Meg Wise in Shafter. We love her! Mrs. Wise was Andrea's second grade teacher and has been a wonderful part of Andrea's life. Below is Andrea's family. Pictured is her dad (second from left in plaid jacket), his girlfriend, Amanda (Andrea adores her), Andrea's great grandma Gladys, Grandpa (her dad's dad) is kneeling, her grandma (slightly to the right of her), her uncle Jeremy and his girlfriend Elizabeth,
ME, and Troy.
***my family was out of town or lives out of town and could not make it. thank goodness she has many people that love her on both sides!***
Her 5th grade school picture 2009/2010

Surfing (aka boogie boarding) with cousin Leah.




OK, so back to the horse showing thing...this is Andrea with her trainer, Teri (and the other little girl is another client of Teri's). Teri has done a fantastic job with Andrea.





Andrea worked very hard to earn this moment. She is truly a champion.
4.0 grade point average, GATE, saxophone and piano playing, family loving, sweet girl.
I'm one proud mommy.
Our little family...Troy, Becky, and Andrea
small amount of people, large amount of LOVE


2 comments:

Emily said...

Andrea is such a remarkable girl! I'm so impressed with her. What great accomplishments she's had! You are doing a good job Becky!

Jenn said...

Congratulations to her. That is really amazing stuff. How did she get into horses? My girls love to ride, but haven't had all that many opportunities, and certainly nothing competitive.